Guide to the National Aquarium Abu Dubai
National Aquarium Abu Dhabi and underwater Zoo is home to thousands of aquatic animals, constituting over 140 species. Over 400 Sharks and Rays live in the 10 million liter tank, including Sand Tiger Sharks, Giant Groupers and a host of other marine species. A series of carefully designed experiences will allow our visitors to come face to face with our aquatic residents for memorable moments with friends and family.
Abu Dhabi’s Al Qana development is due to open next year and we are not the only ones who can’t wait to explore this impressive dining and entertainment hub.
We have found the best things to know before you plan your travel to National Aquarium Abu Dhabi.
The national Aquarium of Abu Dhabi stands out in terms of its every aspect.
- Heartening Location: it’s located along one of the capital city’s most awe-inspiring and ideal locations in the Khor Al Maqta region which also has its credit attractions such as the distinguished ever Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and Memorial Park.
- Part of the first BOT Model project: this aquarium is the centerpiece of the upcoming Al Qana Complex which is the first of its kind Built-Operate-Transfer model projects. It’s developed by Al Barakah International Investment, together with the Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities.
- Reflection of Abu Dhabi’s Vision 2030: Al Qana, along with the National Aquarium and other noteworthy attractions and facilities, has been designed and developed in line with Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 – the Abu Dhabi’s Government’s long term plan that is focused to boost the region’s economy by considerably reducing its dependence on the oil industry.
- Largest of its kind in the Middle East: Designed and built on a massive scale, it spans over an astonishing 7000 square meters space, thus all set to beat Dubai Aquarium and underwater Zoo within the Dubai Mall, both in terms of its area and other offerings.
Key points about Al Qana project and its attractions
Al Qana is one of the capital city’s most exceptional and ambitious large-scale projects. While more than 505 of the project is used for entertainment, its attractions are super educational and inspiring too. It compromises seven districts, overall occupying 2.4km across its waterfront walkways. In fact, it is much more than its flagship attraction – Al Qana Aquarium; there are several restaurants which offer mind-blowing waterfront dining experience. Other than this, it hosts a whole list of leisure attractions such as:
- An exclusive VR or virtual reality, Gaming Complex, offering the most advanced augmented reality and virtual reality-based games and experiences.
- A trampoline Center with a massive indoor park, featuring facilities for wall-running, foam pits, etc
- A community center and an expansive mall
- An extensive outdoor skate park
- The largest of its kind standalone cinema with a total of 15 screens
- Charming walkways and beautifully landscaped green spaces with over olive trees that are brought from Italy.
- A yacht marina with 98 boat berths.
- Cycling and jogging tracks
- The bridge which is the regions first of its kind wellness hub, covering an area of about 8000 squares meters.
- Ample space for parking about 3000 acres.
All other required details of Al Qana National Aquarium Abu Dhabi
- Al Qana national Aquarium’s Opening date
The national Aquarium at Al Qana in Abu Dubai opened in the last quarter of 2020.
- Al Qana National Aquarium location
It forms one of the most significant attractions of Al Qana complex which is situated along khor Al Maqta – a giant yet historic waterway.
- How can you reach Al Qana National Aquarium?
It will take less than 30 minutes to reach Al Qana from Downtown Abu Dhabi. If you are coming here by bus, take the route no 56 which passes through the Al Maqta region.
Other experiences at Al Qana National Aquarium Abu Dhabi
As the whole UAE is looking forward to the opening of the region’s biggest-ever aquarium, know what to see and experience on your visit to this place.
- See more than 35,000 marine animals from 300+ species. You will be able to see thousands of underwater gems that cover both the UAE’s indigenous species and the specialties from different parts of the world. This also includes the UAE’s largest reptile.
- Watch live shows. There will also be a variety of entertaining shows and informative educational programs that shed light on these marine species.
- Take part in highly interactive sessions. Besides its ebullient marine exhibits arranged in ten zones, you will get the dive, swim with marine creative and even live to feed them.
- Experience the country’s longest water tunnel. Yes it’s also true! So get ready to admire the marine inhabitants from an outstanding wattage point, as you stroll through the UAE’s longest ever water tunnel.
Interesting facts about the national Aquarium
- Most probably it will welcome over one million visitors per year
- As a super eco-conscious facility, Al Qana Aquarium makes sure that each of the marine creatures seen here is acquired only through ethical means.
- Moreover, it’s expected to cater to about 50,000 students per year.
- To take care of these marine species, there is a highly qualified team of about 80 marine specialties.
- The aquarium is designed by Okyanus which is highly regarded for its remarkable aquarium designs.
As a hub of designs, leisure, entertainment and striking experiences, we hope that you will definitely add Al Qana the national aquarium Abu Dhabi to your bucket list while visiting Dubai. It is the best time to visit this place you should not miss the time. In three easy steps apply for Dubai visa and once you get the approval book the itinerary in advance for your travel.